Sunday morning I woke up s.i.c.k. Lucky for me, it only stayed for a day. But, when I finally scraped myself out of bed, this is the sweet note that was waiting for me, from my sweet husband.
Nate has been happily hammering for most of the week. The chair, above, is complete now, with about 200 nails in it. I don't know if you want to sit in this chair, it's a little, um, prickly. But, my Nate is happy with a hammer in hand and it seems like a natural project for a boy, don't you think. Send your scrap wood our way.
2. Add a coat, or 2 for yellow. What is that?
3. After the base cures a day or two, measure twice & tape the walls to border the stripe.
4. Paint along the inside stripe with the base coat color to seal the tape, so the contrasting color doesn't seep under the tape.
5. Let that color cure.
6. Paint the final stripe color & Let it dry.
7. Carefully pull off the tape, put all the furniture and stand back and enjoy your work.
Yes, I finished the room and the colors are lovely & bright. Maybe a little brighter than I expected, but I'm sticking with it for now. This large-ish bedroom has only one little window (the other wall has a chimney inside) so it needed the light.
I'll post a pic...sometime, of the finished room. Eli loves it & it's done. That's all that matters.
In the car: