Outside my window... the moonlight dances on the snow. The icicles reflect the streetlight and I just want to soak it all in.
I am thinking...that having a quiet life is a good thing. My life seems to be getting quieter.
I am thankful for...count them;
- little boys that are not too big to tackle, to pile in a heap and tickle
- a husband who will pick up the dish towel and clean up that mess
- a kind gymnastics instructor
- a camera that takes wonderful photos, and that I can learn into it
- a little boy who emptied his pocket of his whole-entire-earned-$2.oo to the Salvation Army man
- the quiet comfort of the library, rows and rows of books
- a dinner with a woman not too different than I
- friends coming to lunch tomorrow
From the learning rooms...December is Simple School (thanks Christian). We do some academic work each day and some fun, still more December chores.
From the kitchen...nothing much.
I am wearing...contentment.
I am creating...lists of December things. Organization in our home.
I am going...to move our school to the basement. I have to create a space first.
I am reading...to the boys...a Jesus Advent Celebration, Little House on the Prairie, Story of the World and for me, Sacred Marriage & some gardening books.
I am hoping...to paint, to plant, to purge, to settle.
I am hearing...a quiet, sleeping home.
Around the house...legos, pillows, Santas and twinkle lights. Clean bathrooms and piles of things I don't know where to put. Did I mention that my so-handy-husband has enlarged our bedroom? It now has lovely Eastern morning light. Nevermind the dust...
One of my favorite things...slowing down to see people. To see them.
A few plans for the rest of the week: school, tidying, a lunch date, warming weather-for I'm driving SW this weekend to see my grandfather.