Monday, October 12, 2009

Monday Muse

hhm

The weather in my neck of the woods:
has seemingly jumped from summer to winter, though I know this is fall. Winter will be much, much cooler. This morning was 20...today is maybe 50. Brrr.


One of my simple pleasures:
rearranging rooms. I really, really love the fresh change and cleaning that comes with it.


On my bedside table:
Hm, My Upmost for His Highest
"A Change in Altitude"
& "Homer's Odyssey" which I haven't picked up, yet.


On my TV:
nothing



On the menu for tonight:
chicken tacos


On my To Do List:
upload photos from trip
paint the room I'm sitting in
finish the home blessing (I'm half way through)
call insurance
make lunches for CC tomorrow
etc


New Recipe I tried last week:
In Astoria I had a wonderful bleu chicken sandwich. It was wonderful, I plan to try and duplicate it. mmmm...


In the craft basket:
Working at Nate's basket from time to time. Otherwise, does painting a room count? I think. It's on the list...


Looking forward to:
Wednesday. Hair appointment. I love getting someones' hands in my hair. :)

Homemaking Tip for this week:
I just bought these and they're amazing. Product-free window cleaner. Streak-free....wee-haw!


Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
This question is always hard for me, but this one by a sweet friend over at Mama Drama came to mind right off.

Favorite photo from last week:
Boyness.
Boyhouse.
Boys.





Lesson learned the past few days:
I love, love, love my family, starting with my husband. Going away with your spouse is a gift, and one we should pursuit regularly.


On my Prayer List:
Members of my sweet family
A dear friend who needs prayer
That my boys would grasp the whole love of Christ as boys and for their wives one day, that we would have fun relationship.
& Lord, I'm still happy to wait.


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Philippians 4: 6&7

Do not be anxious about anything
but in everything, by prayer and petition, with Thanksgiving,
present your requests to God. And the peace of God which
transcends all understanding will guard your heart and your mind in Christ Jesus.

No comments: