Saturday, August 22, 2009

10 things I won't be caught without....

To follow up on my list of things I MUST have for homeschooling:

1. Books.
2. Bookshelves.
3. Pencils, and colored pencils.
4. Pencil sharpener (I'm missing our broken sharpener dearly).
5. Home schooling Community and friends.
6. Spontaneity and Flexibility.
7. Table Toys for little hands whilst older hands are at work.
8. Support from my husband and parents (and an occasional Mom's Night Out)
9. A schedule written in pencil, meant to be improvised.
10. The library.

Karin says:

I don't have 10, but I do have a few:
1) Tabs- those tabs that are sticky on one side, to mark where to start for various books
2) Post-it notes- Basically same as above, but room for a note or two.
3) Highlighter- for the Mom portion of homeschooling, so I can mark up my guide books so I don't waste any time on certain special or important projects.
4) Matchbox cars. At the preschool level, they are math manipulatives, sorting items, characters in our story, or even distractions for the baby when we're trying to finish a project.
5) Crayons. For coloring of course. But also because a tedious assignment is so much more fun when you get to pick what color to use!

Oh- that's all for me. But I do look forward to the list from others... I need some more ideas!

Jenny says:

Here's MY list:
Prayer
pencils
colored pencils
paper
Bible or Bible verses
tape
scissors
patience
joy
pencil sharpener
crayons


So, friends...any more lists to share???

No comments: