Tuesday, January 27, 2009

For Today

For Today...

Outside my window... The darkness reigns still, the snow is icy-melting on the ground.
I am thinking...that I really should finish my Bible Study before I head over there in a couple of hours.
I am thankful for...for an incredible friendship with my husband.
From the learning rooms...learning about Abraham and his descendants, studying weather, fables, all that fun stuff. Scoot has his first "Reader's Theater" today, doing part of a MLK reading. I am learning to rest in the Lord (see next post).
From the kitchen...Let's be literal. The trash needs to go out, there is a fresh dinosaur model. Christmas card albums I was working on last night, oh, and my son. He really, really, really wants to watch TV. I'm holding out.
I am wearing...my jammies. Excuse me.
I am creating...three blankets, Christmas card scrapbooks, another cute corner in the house, time to do this blog.
I am going...to reserve the next book in my series- before I finish this one.
I am reading...still Francine Rivers, good thing it's long read. AMAZING book. Voice in the Wind, I think. I'm terrible with titles.
I am hoping...the roads won't be too icy today, and that today will go smoothly. I'm caring for a little one that doesn't know us at all.
I am hearing...scissors. Critter has a project going.
Around the house...Peanut sleeps, other boys project at the kitchen table. Laundry in process, floors need sweeping and the bathrooms need cleaning.
One of my favorite things...feelinga little boy snuggle in with me at night.
A few plans for the rest of the week: meeting with a friend or two, going to bed a bit earlier than I have been, basketball practice's and games, worship practice, maybe a fun outing this weekend, hopefully lots of reading and a peaceful week.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...

My sweet auntie collects heart shaped rocks. I'm collecting nature's hearts too, see...












Visit the http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/ to share yours

1 comment:

Karyn said...

That is the coolest picture!

Talk later...?