Sunday, June 10, 2012

Platforms, Play & Pursuit: Week 1

I'd love for you to come with me on a path of being intentional.  Intentional in helping my boys fill their empty summer hours, living out the dream of actually doing some of those fun ideas I've pinned on Pinterest, and pursuing and nurturing their little hearts.  Read more about it here.  


This weeks' Platform(giving the kids a place to start independent play):

 Inside I'm going to pull out the watercolor supplies.  We have some watercolor papers, I'll set them out, cut some down to littler cards to paint.  Post card size?   My boys are old enough that I can leave these supplies out and expect them to care for art supplies.   Apply to your kiddos accordingly.

Outside I'm setting up a table inside for natures collections.  The boys, of course, always come up with sweet treasures from our walks or playing outside.  I love how they examine seed pods and leaves.  I'm going to have to find a very good spot for these things, oh how our kitty loves to play with nature's toys!

This Weeks' Play:

We're going to build this giant water bed to plop in the yard for a few days.  If it lasts that long.

This Weeks' Pursuit:  Do you remember the notes we passed back and forth in 4th grade?  The notes we folded like this?  I'm going to remember how to fold them, write a sweet note to my four boys and leave it on their pillow.  

*My boys are 6, 8 & 10.  If these activities are too advanced, switch them up so they work safely and sanely for your kiddos.

No comments: