Monday, September 26, 2011

Pinterest….dusting the cobwebs off my craftiness

See! Pinterest has lots and lots of good things to offer!
I have promised myself, also that I will do some of the great projects that I find on Pinterest.
Project #3: Noodle-Bead-Dying Project

Our neighbor was having a birthday…a sweet 5 year old who requested only homemade gifts. Perfect!

Another beautiful thing is that you don't need my instructions because already wrote them out for you over at "Intrepid Murmurings"
I can tell you not to let the pasta dry on newspaper without a liner underneath. I am still very, very sad that the alcohol soaked through the newspaper and ate through the paint on our kitchen table. It needed refinishing anyhow, but how sad….

The gift was well recieved and we had a lot of fun making it. The cost:
Pasta: $3.00
Food Coloring: $0 (but I used all remaining supplies at home so I'll have to shop)
Alcohol: $1.50
Fishing Tackle Box: Free from the Warehouse (my hubbies shop)
Elastic String: free from our craft box

Oh!  And if you'd like an invitation to Pinterest, just leave me a comment and I'll send you one.  BUT, be warned.  Pinterest will steal your little quiet moments away quickly!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: