As for me, I’m keeping it real, attainable, and utterly basic, so as to actually realize a few goals. Gone are the “read 30 classic novels in one year,” “become fluent in French” and "learn to play Bach" Jennifer in OR
I will say that I have a few lofty ideas about the year. But friends I will list some simpler things for you..
- I want to stick strictly to my resolve to put down everything and anything when my child asks "will you read to me" and always, always read to him.
- Keep more frozen/easy meals around so that there is something to cook when we run into crunch time so we don't have to just eat toast.
- Pay better attention to what my husband likes in the house or on the table, and do it just because he likes it.
- Listen to my children better, be less distracted.
- Make more home movies.
- Write an old fashioned letter to a friend or loved one every month. "Pen, Paper and Stamps" Jen says.
- Teach my boys to take care of their rooms and things better.
- Spend 15 minutes each day learning something new.
- Run and eat well regularly because it makes me feel good.
- Enjoy the beauty of my own backyard, & beautify it more.