Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Seeds Family Worship


I am just loving what the boys (and I) are learning with Seeds Family Worship this year. A friend in town recommended this music, not just for the kids but the whole family. We all love it. Thanks Julie! I love this stuff!

Seeds is a big part of our Bible study this year. If there is one thing I'm learning through Classical Conversations, it's that kids are amazing when it comes to memory work. (More about that later.)

My hearts' desire is to give my sweet boys the gift of God's Word in their minds and hearts. I know that their understanding of scripture is simple and childlike now, but I know God will use His word in their lives now and for the rest of their lives. For as they sing, I am encouraged and inspired:

Philippians 4:6&7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.


I can't say enough about this fun and (not annoying) scripture music. I can't say enough about the importance of hiding God's Word in these little hearts. I have heard many mothers lament that it can be tough to motivate your teen to learn scripture, that it's so important to teach them while they're young. I hope you'll check it out yourself...and surprise, each disc comes with a free copy to share with a friend! Too fun. Check it out here:




2 comments:

Amy said...

OH thankyou so much for sharing this, Amanda! This looks right up our alley too!! I love this concept!

Unknown said...

Hi Amanda!
Thanks so much for your mention of Seeds! Send me an email (michelle@seedsfamilyworship.com) and I'll let you know all the latest and greatest news about Seeds!

Keep planting!
Michelle
Seeds Family Worship