Tuesday, August 11, 2009

What we're up to....

Freezing bananas (peeled) for smoothies and banana bread. Thanks for the idea, dear Amy!

August Harvest

Oops! Mama Brain.

Monster Smoothies: Yogurt, fresh peaches, bananas, milk and spinach for color.

Our greatest producer of the year, a volunteer summer squash. I think I'll have to learn how to freeze it.
An experimental project I found at Chasing Cheerios....DIY MoonSand. It was not a great reason to buy a 60 pound bag of sand (I used 5 cups). The boys played with it for a bit but I'll toss it today...

My sunny-side of the garden in full bloom

Organizing my markers and pens....it's working so well- the boys are putting them AWAY.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Oh my. I'm crackin' up at the bagels. That's all I can say. Oh that and yesterday afternoon, I found my mug of coffee from FRIDAY morning still in the microwave...:)

Anonymous said...

love the bagels in the dishwasher...classic!! and the organization idea...very nice!

Gina said...

The bagel in the dishwasher-love that, it's classic mommy brain-I often catch myself putting the milk in the pantry and the cereal in the fridge!

Found your blog through the COHR site...we're new to homeschooling this year, so thanks in advance for putting a get together together!

Have a great week!
Gina