Monday, March 16, 2009

Happy....




On my bedside table:
Bible, Family Tree (novel)


On my TV:
We have switched to basic cable, so less, I hope.


On the menu for tonight:
Sauteed Chicken with Penne Pasta...a new recipe. I'll let you know how it turns out. :)


On my To Do List:
mail a box
package a blanket and ship
birthday gifts
wash the dog
meal plan for spring break
haircuts all around
make muffins
order pictures
few phone calls
sew cub scout badge on...




New Recipe I tried last week:

My cousin shared one of these with me and I stole the recipe...SO yummy;

Zucchini Muffins

1 ½ c. spelt flour (+ ½ c if need more)

¾ c ground flax meal (I buy this at Costco by the spices)

¾ c oat bran

1 c brown sugar or 1 c regular splenda

2 tsp baking soda

1 tsp baking powder

1 tsp salt (optional)

2 tsp cinnamon

1 c soy milk (or regular milk)

1 tsp vanilla

½ c canola oil

¼ to 1/2 c water (depending on consistency of batter)

1 T lemon zest (or orange)

Juice of one lemon

3 T honey

1 c shredded carrots

2 c shredded zucchini

Optional:

½ c raisins or blueberries

chopped walnuts

Mix flour, flax, oat bran, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt & cinnamon. Add milk, vanilla, oil and water. Add lemon zest, juice of lemon and honey. Mix. Stir in carrots, zucchini, raisins and chopped nuts. Fill muffins cups 2/3 full. Bake 350 for 20-25 minutes (or longer), inserting toothpick to determine. Refrigerate after cooling.



In the craft basket:
that baby blanket for the baby who's almost here (unless he snuck out already!)


Looking forward to:
a visit with an old friend today
running
meeting tomorrow night
haircut of mine
SPRING BREAK


Homemaking Tip for this week:
I just love Scrubbing Bubbles for my shower

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
well, I'd have to say Amy's, as I've learned about this fun little follow... (Happy Homemaker Monday)


Favorite photo from last week:








Lesson learned the past few days:
Mom-tired produces almost nothing good....just good sleep. So sleep when you're tired, think, feel, teach, laugh and love when you're not.


On my Prayer List:

A friend who is due to have a first baby any day...
another friend who wants to have a baby.



Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:

Our memory verse for the week : "He who guards his lips, guards his life." Proverbs 13: 3a


For more entries or to participate yourself, click here to visit Sandra

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmm I want some of those muffins.

Amy said...

Loved reading your HHM post, Amanda! It's a fun twist isn't it?? That recipe sounds divine.. gonna have to make me some of those when I get home. I love muffins! Warm and with a pat of butter is heaven!

Hugs.. Amy

Yule {b}Log said...

dinner sounds yummy

Sandra said...

Amanda, first I want to welcome you to the Happy Homemaker Monday feature, so glad you're joining in :)

I really enjoyed reading your list and those muffins sound really good.

Hope you're having a wonderful day.

Cathy said...

I'm SO trying those muffins this next week! Yum!

I love it when you do these little memes...it gives me such a great glimp into your day and life:)

Love ya.