Friday, January 30, 2009

B-O-R-E-D

It's one of those solo weeks for me. If you know me at all, you'll know what I mean. At any rate, I have extra time on my hands, and believe it or not, I'm BORED.

Can you believe that? I hardly can. I can't remember the last time I was bored. Oh! Now I do, it was the time we moved to the East Coast and lived in Extended Stay for 6 weeks. I had an almost 2 year old Scoot, a 7 month pregnant belly and NO CAR. I was bored to tears, truly.

This is different. I have a car, and three kids, and a whole entire house. I should be coming up with something fun to do while I'm in this lingering season.

Ok. I'm really sorry. I'm complaining about being bored. It's mean. It's nothing to complain about. So I won't say it again.

So I have time to fill.

I've finished a blanket I've been working and started another, blue for an old friend's long-awaited baby boy. I've finished "Voice in the Wind," at long last. If you haven't picked up the first book of the Mark of the Lion series, I highly recommend it. I even worked on my Christmas Card Scrapbook, I'm done through 2007, I think. I just need to find one of those great little 40% coupons for Michael's, and go get another scrapbook for 2008. I don't want to paint, I do want a distracting project.

One of my old favorites is one I was just reminded of....decluttering.

I should be the queen of decluttering. I have done it semi annually for years and years. Somehow in the last year or two I've gotten lazy, or hoardish (I'm afraid it's lazyness) and haven't done it a bit. So I'm kind of excited to get this party started. Watch me work!

2 comments:

Cathy said...

you won't be bored for loooong...:)

Karyn said...

Sorry I haven't been available to help you...my offer still stands for when you get back! ((hugs))