As some of you know I had the privilege of attending Women of Faith Conference last weekend in Portland. I knew I would have a great time, as I was going with fun friends and getting to room with three of them. I also knew the conference would be great, and that I wouldn't get much sleep. All three of those things were accurate. I had a great time with friends, eating, chatting, chatting and laughing. I loved the conference, laughed, cried and enjoyed eating up wisdom from others.
I LOVED Anita Renfroe, Kristin blogged a fun performance of Anita's. This woman is hilarious. I got to meet up with Cathy there too, (she scored us some awesome seats so we didn't have to sit fearfully in the steep, high nosebleed section) Cathy blogged about Mandisa, who was amazing to see in person. The whole thing was fun.
I wanted to share with you some of the great wisdom tidbits I brought home with me to chew on. Quotes, scripture and observations...they are my fragmented notes in context of a bigger message, bear with me. ;)
- "Emotions don't have brains" We are foolish to be led by our emotions. They're completely unreliable and wavering. We need to be grounded by The Word
- Thoughts on the election and economy;
"For a child is born to us, a son is given to us. And the government wil rest on his shoulder. These will be his royal titles; Wonderful Counselor, Might God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." -Isaiah 9:6
- If I want to move freely through life I must choose to grieve the losses in life, and grieve the "what could have been's"
- When we grieve, it releases us, and it's a decision to heal past pain.
- You can't heal a wound by saying that it's not there. (Jeremiah 6:14)
- Grieve the loss--embrace the reality
The overall experience was a 9.8...not quite a 10 b/c I came home too tired and feeling sick. I highly recommend going, and do take a friend! It's so worthwhile!