Thursday, October 9, 2008

Autumn Chowder Yum

Today I'm getting all packed up to head off to Portland for Women of Faith. I'm really excited to have 48 hours with friends and to learn, laugh and play. I told my sweetie that I'm looking forward to the whole trip...except for NO sleep. I'm sure I'll come home tired. I'm also sure I'll have a great time.

So I'm going to leave you with this fabulous autumn recipe. I've done this one before and been able to freeze part of it to enjoy through the winter (it makes a pretty big batch.) A great recipe for a winter day's lunch!

Clam, Chicken and Ham Chowder
  • 2 chicken breasts 4 cups chicken broth
  • 1 pound bacon 1/2 teaspoon table salt
  • 1/2 pound ham 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
  • 2 large yello onions 1 bunch green onions
  • 4 meduim carrions 3/4 cup flour
  • 4 celery ribs 4 cups milk
  • 4 medium potatoes 4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 1 cup clams, with juice 1/2 cup whipping cream
  • 2 cups whole kernel corn, with liquid
  1. Remove the skin and bones from the chicken breasts and cut meat into 1 inche peices. Cut the bacon into 1 inch pieces. Cut the ham into 1/2 inch cubes. peel the yellow onions and chop into 1/4 inch pieces. Peel the carrots and chop into 1/4 inch rounds. Chop the celery into 1/4 pieces. Peel teh pot

No comments: