Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My Habit Focus for July

I was reading another Mom's blog this evening (ok...late night) and I was inspired to make a new habit for July. I've been talking some about habits too, and so this is a good time- out with the old and in with the new.

So July will be my month to be disciplined in getting in Bible Study time. I tend to be really disciplined with this when I'm going to Study and have a curriculum, a plan, a study. But as you might imagine, summer is not too easy for me. Summer is so chaotic, non-routine...it's like a summer long party. When fall rolls around and school starts up I'm always so happy to fall back into schedule, routine.

So I need a plan. I'm going to get into the habit of reading, working in my journal, working on old unfinished studies daily in July, and carry this on into August. When I'm resting in Him, I'm amazingly more rested in my days, temperament, peace...you name it. I really need this time. Anyone relate?

Any of you have tricks for being consistent when all else is upside down? Have company? Are you a guest with someone else? Yikes!? How do you make sure it happens? Do share!! Oh- and if you decide to make a new habit, let me know! I'd love to hear about yours too!

2 comments:

Hilary said...

I just have to make sure I read and pray in the morning. Whenever I decide to wait until later and get a few things done first, the next thing I know, the day has sped away. First things first is what works for me :)

Welcome! said...

I will join you! I need this new habit too!! Bad.