Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Early Morning Pep Talk....to me

Change your attitude! If only it were that easy, "Change your socks, they stink!" It seems that easy when I'm asking it of someone else. "Pull out of that slump, there's no need for you to be so depressed, life is good." "Don't whine! Life is fine!"

However this morning I find myself grumbling to myself & God about things I've been grumbling about for 2 days (boy's don't know about time change, still getting up at 6...I can't seem to catch the housework...etc.) But then it dawns on me. It's easier than I think.
You see, living this free life I'm in, I'm not subject to our emotions.

Philippians 4:6& 7 says;

Don't worry about anything, instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand.

I don't even have to pull myself up by my bootstraps. Somehow, every time I conjure up that image, I see myself pulling hard and tipping over. In prayer, thanking God for what I have quickly changes my perspective. Next, turning over my concerns, grumblings, anxieties in exchange for amazing peace, that is indeed more than my mind can understand. I have experienced this over and over, when I've come to God with my concerns about the "bigger" things in life. Today I'll work on turning over the little stuff.

I don't want to be a grumpy mom, wife, (remember...Ralph is home all day now) and I don't get to hide away.

Need to tuck in my bootstraps, and go pray.

1 comment:

The Daileys said...

I think I will join you in tucking in those bootstraps and trusting in my Father God who will always be way more in control than I am! Good blog, my sister!