Friday, November 30, 2007

Addiction

It's snowing outside and my two younger boys are running around the house in swim shorts. They're ready for lessons tonight. As you can imagine, lessons are going well. Fun for all!

Many of you that know me, know that I have had an addiction to diet sodas for a long time. I've been wanting to kick it for about 5 years, but have been completely unsuccessful. I've tried replacing the caffeine, and yet I still crave pop. I've tried drinking so much water that I'd never be thirsty, but I just wanted a pepsi! My dear friend Rosemary, told me a few weeks ago that she'd had this same problem, and use regular pepsi to wean herself. I've always been sure that it wasn't just the caffeine that I was addicted to, but maybe the "diet"...nutra sweet- the very reason I wanted to quit. I've heard numbers of bad things about nutra sweet, and am afraid that it will one day prove to be toxic to me.
So I gave it a try. I replaced the diet with regular, and the cravings stopped! Immediately! I'm doing GREAT with just a bit of regular every day, and am hopeful that I can quit one day soon. I used to drink more than I care to share...at least 3 cans a day. Yikes!

I'm off now~ encouragement to any of you who need to quit...

Trying to get healthy...

No comments: