Sunday, June 24, 2012

Platforms, Play & Pursuit: Week 3

I'd love for you to come with me on a path of being intentional.  Intentional in helping my boys fill their empty summer hours, living out the dream of actually doing some of those fun ideas I've pinned on Pinterest, and pursuing and nurturing their little hearts.  Read more about it here.  





This weeks' Platform (giving the kids a place to start independent play):
 
  Inside: simply paying attention to staging books around the house.  Maybe I'll make a book nook somewhere, cozy, quiet place to pick up a book and read.
   
  Outside: I've got a ball of twine, I'll pile up some sticks and leave it with the twine...see what these boys and their imaginations come up with.


This Weeks' Play: Using posterboard or a canvas, we'll use masking tape to spell out our names on the canvas.  Then we'll paint over the canvas and tape.  Peel off the masking tape for a fun reverse stencil.  Wall art for each bedroom!

This Weeks' Pursuit: At bedtime (one on one stories are the best in our house) I'll tell the boys stories:  stories of when I was their age, of how my parents met and married, of what naughty thing I did when I was little and the consequences...

*My boys are 6, 8 & 10.  If these activities are too advanced, switch them up so they work safely and sanely for your kiddos.

No comments: