Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Sunflower House

I've been thrilled, of course, to get my hands dirty and prepare for this years' garden. We got the sod in our yard, and this freed me up to work in my little garden spot. A big part of my garden this year is situating things in a kid-friendly "come on out to the yard" inviting way. So I've planned a few things to get my boys outside this year.
Have you ever been to a house whose yard draws you outside? You just can't stand to sit in, because the flowers, trees and birdies call to you? This is my goal...to get that kind of yard. I have a long, long way to go.
My first plan is to let my house be uncomfy. Yes, you heard me right. I'm going to turn the air conditioning off and make this house as hot-sweaty as I can to get those kiddos outside. And then the rest....

The boys and I have planted a Sunflower House. The idea is to plan Sunflowers in a shape which encloses so the kiddos can play underneath them and sweet morning glories overhead. The boys and I have planted and now we wait.
Updates coming....
Posted by Picasa

No comments: