Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Spring Break: 20 Games


Our little school did take a spring break this year. Mostly, I wanted the break and I loved every.bit.of.it.

On Monday I spent the day cleaning floors. We spent the weekend wrecking my yard with a tiller....and the result was an incredibly dusty floor. After that I spent time organizing, planning for the rest of the year and resting. Oh, and....


Playing Games. Board games, card games, you name it. I gave the boys the challenge (on Wednesday, I think) "how many games can we play over Spring Break 2011?" Implications, of course, that maybe this will be a future family tradition.



It was too fun. I rested from doing much reading to the boys and just lay on the floor and played.

Our Favorite Games:

*Let me begin by saying that I'm much more apt to play a game I enjoy. For instance, I do not play Life, Candyland (unless it's for school), Chutes & Ladders, or Creationary. But the boys like to play these games together.

Memory (of course) I must tell you that this game became much more fun once we learned to turn over 4 cards at a time rather than 2. The game goes more quickly, much more quickly.
Blink This is a card game, simple, quick and sweet & everyone likes it!
Monopoly Jr. Picture lemonade stands rather than real estate, $5 bills rather than $100 bills, kid math. The kids like it more than I do. ;)
Sequence I have always loved this game but love it even better with our new version of States & Capitols Sequence version.
Golf card game played with a Skip Bo deck
Lucky Boy card game
Headbands I actually enjoy playing this game designed for younger kids for awhile. We always laugh a lot
Max This game is a cooperative game, I highly recommend it for families with younger kids that enjoy cooperating and hate to loose. :)
10 Days in Africa is a lovely strategy game. This one has been great for firming up our geography




Our new favorite, I picked it up on my sister weekend, is Roads, Rivers & Rails. What a delightful game. There are different variations you can play, the first time we played the game lasted nearly 1.5 hours and it was so fun. A little strategy, planning and scheming. There is a winner in this game but it's very much a team game. I love it!

I know there are more, and I'm sure that I'd like to link up each one of these games so you can find them or their rules quickly. But I'm not going to take the time, however I'd be happy to answer questions!


Oh....and if you were wondering, we played 20 games for Spring Break 2011

No comments: