School is out! I mean this in the most fun way....not that we won't still be reading aloud and playing with art, crafting and baking. We're going to tuck away our seat work for a few weeks and just sit back and enjoy the season.
I am so anxious to get some shopping started (yes, I haven't done a thing but look yet) for some Christmas gifts. I have my cards ordered and addressed, ready for stamps and lickin'. We plan to put up our tree this week & (breathe) relax and enjoy the season.
Some fun things I want to do while the boys are playing:
- set up our new school room...maybe even knock out some painting. I'd love to paint up a blackboard on our huge wall. This way we can use it for writing/drawing or just hang up visual aids right on top of it.
- sleep in.
- Baking with the boys. This Christmas feels really low key, and I know the boys will enjoy some cookies (and the baking of them) so I'll set a time to bake with them.
- read. I'd like to finish Little House and move on to the next book by January.
- not quite as fun, but important. I'm going to evaluate the rest of the school year...what we need to do more of and set some goals.
- sit on the floor and watch my boys. Play with them. Get them in my lap. They'll only be little for so long.
- declutter. Always good to do before the gifts come rolling in.
- read a book, drink more tea. No doubt.
- plan out our Garden Planning parties. The boys will help me to plan out the gardens this year, and I would love to have more gardening magazines and times set for our planning sessions.
- play games. Oh, maybe we could try and play a game everyday. That means I play WITH the boys.
For fun, below I've updated our favorite Homeschool Links. Persue and enjoy, if you like.