Ralph got a new job!!! Please note the exclamation marks....this is a good, good thing. First off, Ralph has been tolerating his telecommuting job for the last few years, but he's been ready to make a change for a long time. Second, this is a dream job for Ralph. He'll be working in a top notch all-the-coolest-&-newest Science Lab...right where he belongs. He made it through a rigorous 8 hour interview that included an hour long presentation he was asked to give. And they LOVED him. I couldn't be more proud and thrilled for my sweet, hard working husband. This is a good, good change!
However, this change includes a move. This is a mixed emotion thrilled-again, sad-again thing for all of us. We went to visit the area when Ralph had the interview last week, and I think it's going to be a great place for our family to live. So the boys and I got a taste of where our new life will be...and the biggest blessing: I had contacted the director for Classical Conversations in the area and we were able to meet up on the day of Ralph's interview. So now, the boys and I met some of our fellow school friends also.
We have so enjoyed our time here in our lovely community. I feel a bit weepy when I see familiar faces, when I look at those beautiful mountains. I feel sad to think I'll not get to enjoy another year of watching all of these little people who are such a part of mine and the kids' lives grow up. I love our village, but I have perfect peace that God is carefully orchestrating our future & all that lies ahead. I look forward to this new chapter, new season for us.
So in short, we're moving. The news is out. We told the kids this morning and I was surprised at how beautifully they handled it. I'm expecting more feelings, lots of them from all of us, but am grateful for this day. I have so much more to share...my mind is a bit spinny. I will, but for now I'm going to go to bed.
Good night, good friends. I hope to see you soon!
- We are moving just hours away, so we can come visit and will! (My folks are here)
- Ralph begins work August 2. We will try and move the week prior into temp housing.
- We will have a brand new Classical Conversations home there, I prayed and prayed about this one. God has been so good to bless us with that for another year.
- I really, really want to see all of my local friends as much as I am able. Please call me if you have a free afternoon or evening!
- I will miss you, my little village!