Sunday, December 7, 2008

Update on Peace

I thought I'd let you all know what I'm doing with my challenges, having fun with this!

Day One: No, my bird feeder is not up yet. I have put in an order with my sweet husband, but he's up to his elbows in a little project that has our toilet and sink in the garage, and no floor in the bath/hallway. I am happy to see this tiling project get done, but I'm gently reminding about the hook I need. I'll update you when I get the feeder up.

Day Two: I put in a call to a sitter, and am hoping for a date night Sunday or even Friday.

I did get a solid day-date in though, by planning to trade kids with Kristin for two December Saturdays. I'll watch her 4 kids one Saturday, then she'll take ours for another. Our kids get on great, so I know it'll work well. Then Ralph and I will get ample time to hang out and walk around Bend alone (we rarely do). I'm so excited about this. Do you have a friend you can trade care with? A whole day! I'm so excited. I'm sure we'll do some Christmas shopping and dining, long walks in town. I can't wait!

Day Three: I confess, I never got in that tub. But I decided I just didn't need it after a fabulous run. By fabulous, I mean running in the canyon watching our shadows grow long as the sunset, getting to see a little of this with the scent of Juniper rolling through the air. I seriously feel like life couldn't get any more beautiful sometimes when I'm out in the crisp air running. I did promptly shower when I got home, and after I got the kids in bed I opted to curl up on the couch with my Christmas-crochet project next to my sweet man. Perfect!

Day Four: I did come up with some ways in which I can show God how I am thankful;
  • I am thankful for my husband- I will make better efforts to help him out.
  • I am thankful to be a woman who loves to talk- I am working on thinking before I speak. Hmm.
  • I am thankful for my friends, and their listening ears- I will work on being a better listener.
  • I am SO thankful that I'm able to be at home, schooling and playing with my kiddos. I will work at being a better steward of my time, and doing it all as unto the Lord.
  • I am thankful to be at home and have flexibility in schedule. However, schooling at home keeps me busy ALL day. Yes, you schooling mamas know just what I mean. I am getting up early in this season to have time with My Great God.
  • I am thankful for a redeeming, faithful God. I am working on being faithful to Him. After all, there is only One God.
Day Five: Didn't do it, nope, I didn't. I'll let you know when I do this one. Did you?

Day Six: My mom and I had plans to go Christmas Shopping, most of the day. I didn't play games with my kids.

Day Seven: Took a big, fat, nap on the couch after church, football was on, boys were busy playing. I slept hard. Needed it, too!

No comments: