Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Peace on Earth-Day Two: Romance


Today I'm going to find a babysitter! Date nights are a must for Ralph and I. This month gets so crazy, I don't want to forget to take out time to just hang out with my sweetie. Sometimes December dates include a bit of Christmas shopping, so I might plan for that this year.

Necessity~ I'm also going to sit down and make a list. Not a wish list mind you, but a list of all things that "need" to be done in the coming weeks. THEN I'm going to decide what really needs to be done, and minimize what I can.

I'll leave you with this...

James 1:2-4 (The Message)

Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don't try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way.

6 comments:

Cathy said...

hmm...that verse reminds me of the refining of silver. God (the refiner) sometimes holds us (the silver) in the fire, BUT he sits there watching because he won't leave us there till we're destroyed but only until He can see HIMSELF IN US!! If we jump out of the fire ahead of God we could miss that molding and purifying!!

And have fun on that date! They are so important in marriage!

Yule {b}Log said...

There is NOTHING like having a great babysitter in your back pocket.

Karyn said...

Would be happy to babysit for you if needed! :)
I'm liking this peace stuff.

Peace out.

runninggal said...

Good for you! I got to spend from 7 am 'till about 10:30 pm on Friday with my man. Rare for us, but when in Portland, it's so fun to borrow the grandparents!

Rachellerssss:) said...

Hello! How are you? My mom said that I can babysit it group things like theBible study at church but haven't started babysitting by my self. Love you blog! Bye!!

Hazel M. Wheeler said...

Babysitters are a must!
I've decided to take the "Peace on Earth" Challenge (as I've dubbed it...)and have been blogging on this. It's a nice Jedi mind trick and working quite well to adjust my "end of the day" attitude.