Thursday, December 4, 2008

Peace On Earth-Day Four: Reflect

I'm going to spend a little extra time today when I cozy up to read and pray. Reflecting on Thankfulness this week after Thanksgiving.

My friend Cathy writes in her "Act of Thankfulness";

...then I started thinking that while it's very important to think specifically about everything we're thankful FOR and speak it to God, and in fact God tells us to do this in His word (In everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thes. 5:18) this Thanksgiving I wanted to reflect on the things that I can do to SHOW my thankfulness to my God. Because giving thanks isn't just about saying the words, but about acting it out in our lives...everyday. It's in how we speak to others in kindness, how we show them we love them in the way we know they need it (even when it's not returned), our attitude when faced with challenges and trials, serving others, serving our church, showing grace, being good stewards of what we've been given, and countless other ways. We tell our kids all the time that a change of attitude is not just on your face, it has to be a change of heart attitude, and the same goes for us. So...Lord, let me not just speak thanks and show it on my face, but believe it in my heart and actively LIVE IT.

So today my challenge is to make a list of 8 things for which I am thankful, and plan...just how can I show God, my friends and family I am thankful?

Necessity~ Inventory time...the snow will come soon. I need to figure out what we have, what we need yet. Then I need to pick up what we need.

1 comment:

raelyn:)) said...

Hello!!! You're wlecome for inviting you! I will tell my mom you said happy birthday! Sorry I don't know when the next girl talk is, but I will ask Shirley so I'll get back to you on that! Thank you! -Raelyn